We are looking for a System Administrator to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. You should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Your goal will be to ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
- Install and configure software and hardware
- Manage network servers and technology tools
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements
- Build and monitor services on production services
- Troubleshoot issues and outages
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies
- Perform on-call duties including triage, communication of, and resolution of technical issues
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals and IT policies
- 7+ years of experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Candidate must be comfortable working on-call and some weekends
- In depth knowledge of Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Expert in Shell, Python and/or Perl scripting
- Experience with databases, networks and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/Ba in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline is a plus but not a deal-breaker