We are looking for an experienced and talented product designer!
Do you want to ease the daily work of people in companies and organizations from all over the world?
Meet one of the best startups in Turkey. Kolay’s journey started in 2015, with the desire to simplify and ease the work of human resources in companies and organizations all over the world, and allow their employees to funnel their energy and time on various other activities.
Today, Kolay is a cloud-based HR management software that smooths the processes to manage expenses, leaves, overtimes, shifts, and much more, and is trusted by more than 6.500 companies/organizations and 250k employees worldwide.
As the Product department, we strive to craft the best solutions to serve the needs of our users and solve their problems, and we are eager to change for the best how human resources work.
We think of you as a designer who is thrilled not only when you design the right solutions to serve the needs of our users but also, first and foremost, when you talk with them to understand their problems truly and fully.
At Kolay, you will own and follow the design of our product modules and features, starting from their definition to their release and beyond. We believe that a healthy design process starts first by identifying what is the right problem to work on next, and only then continues by crafting the right solution.
As a product designer, you will work on web and mobile interfaces for our Kolay web and mobile apps, with a specific focus on the latter. You might focus on improving an existing feature, design a new one from scratch, or redefine from the ground-up how something works.
Responsibilities (What will I do?)
- own and design product features to ease the work of our users, starting from their definition to release and beyond
- discuss and align with different departments to understand business and product goals, problems, and outcomes
- conduct quantitative and/or qualitative research to discover, understand and define our users’ needs, problems, and outcomes
- ideate and explore solutions to problems through quick, low-fidelity prototypes
- choose the right solutions to further refine, and design and detail them iterating through from low- to high-fidelity prototypes
- circulate solutions and prototypes among different departments, validate them with users and stakeholders and iterate on them according to the feedback received
- write and maintain concise and to-the-point documentation about problems and solutions
- follow and support product developers and testers during releases, and ensure the shipping of high-quality solutions
- follow and use our web and mobile design systems, and maintain and extend them by scaling and iterating on their patterns and components
- help with mentoring other designers, as well as fostering and growing a design culture within the company
Requirements (What qualities and skills do I need?)
We think you:
- embody an Agile work mindset
- have experience designing digital products and design systems (min. 4 years of experience)
- put people first and embrace a user-centric approach
- know the full stack of product design, from systems thinking to structural and visual design
- are able to rationalize, explain and stand behind design decisions
- embrace a scientific mindset to: construct hypotheses, devise and run experiments, collect and analyze data and feedback, draw and communicate conclusions
- have a growth mindset, be innately curious, strive to learn new things, and share them with others
- have excellent written and verbal communication skills (Turkish and English) to create and walk others through presentations, prototypes, and documentation
- are familiar with product design and prototype tools such as Figma, Sketch, Principle, InVision, …
- Being part of one of Turkey’s most successful startup
- Competitive salary
- Remote working opportunity (we are a fully remote company)
- Premium private health insurance
- Training and learning support
How to Apply
Please submit an application that tells us about yourself, about what you can help Kolay with, and about the role that Kolay will play in your future.
In Kolay, we commonly speak and write in English throughout the day, so a well-written cover letter and curriculum vitae/résumé in English will surely stand out and grab our attention.
We are eager to hear from you: join and help us to ease the work of the world with Kolay!